Also, I wanted to share with you a delicious and light dinner recipe. Asian-glazed chicken breasts with spice potatoes and onions. The original recipe for the chicken breasts actually called for bone-in chicken thighs, but the hubs doesn't really like bone in his meat. So I changed the recipe to breasts instead. This glaze was easy to make and absolutely delicious! I will be making this recipe again! Also, the potato recipe I changed slightly, I bought frozen pre-cut potatoes and reheated them in the oven. I wanted to cut my prep time; they tasted great with the frozen potatoes.
Asian-Glazed Chicken Breasts:
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, chile paste, adn garlic, stirring until honey dissolves. Pour vinegar mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Place chicken on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rackin a roasting pan. Baste chicken with reserved marinade.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; baste. Bake an additional 10 minutes; baste. Discard remaining marinade. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe: Cooking Light, March 2011
Spiced Potatoes and Onions:
- 1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, diced medium
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 6 sprigs of cilantro
- Set a steamer basket in a pot with 2 inches simmering water. Add potatoes, cover, and steam until tender when pierced with a knife, 12 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Add cumin, red-pepper flakes, and potatoes and cook, stirring flakes, and potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are lightly golden, 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and top with cilantro.
Recipe: Real Food