Enjoy this easy-peasy Italian chicken soup!
Italian Chicken Soup:
- 1 cooked roast chicken-shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I used the store-bought pre-chopped onions)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1-14.5 oz can of salt-free diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of salt-free chicken stock/broth
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, saute onions, celery, carrots, and zucchini until tender (about 5 min). Add garlic cloves, sauté for another minute. Add chicken stock/broth, diced tomatoes with its juices, basil, Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and add shredded chicken. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top when serving!
Recipe: Life of a Modern Housewife