This pimento cheese dip is quite delicious. You could even add a little more cheese than what it calls for. I used Vermont white cheddar cheese (that's the one I like from the restaurant best) instead of the regular sharp cheddar the recipe calls for. The Vermont is a little creamier than the sharp cheddar. And I decided to go with jalapeños because I knew I would like the dip even more if it had a little heat. I absolutely love jalapeños.
Vermont White Cheddar Jalapeño Pimento Cheese:
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & minced (optional)
- 1-4 oz jar of pimento, drained
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle attachment if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.