This picture is NOT the Best picture; don't let it fool you on how good it really is!Recipe:
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1/1 Teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)-might add more next time
- 1 12oz. Can/Bottle Beer of Choice
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, mix all of the above with a spatula. Pour mixture into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Use a toothpick to check doneness.
(Next time I make it I want to add rosemary-which I didn't have any at the time-possibly use oat flour instead of the wheat, and try it with Hoegaarden.)
The bread is delicioso! It's a hearty bread. I think this would be great with some chili and even a chicken and rosotto soup.